21 June 2006

Feeling the love...

What an amazing day I had today!

In the span of about 8 hours I: read about wizardology and dragonology, painted w/watercolours, walked down 23rd, got gelato, bought some great stones/crystals. (Some of these are even said to help you tune in to extraterrestrial communications...hmmm, I forgot to check the mercury or lead content on those), checked out a sculpture garden, watched Nightmare Before Christmas, received some Reiki, had a friend bring over cupcakes, made and ate a yummy mole dinner, shot some photos, watched El Dorado while getting more Reiki, made popcorn from scratch (some people have no idea you can make popcorn without a microwave or a popper)...all of this with one of my favourite people in the world. Would you believe she's only 6? Or rather 6 and 3/4, excuse me.

Despite the incredulous and somewhat frightened reactions of several friends (you know who you are) I agreed to kid-sit today. I make no secret of it, I dislike children as a general rule, but this one is the exception. I had a blast.

The day also had a surreal tone since my friend's cat Edgar apparently issued a myspace bulletin to his kitty friends on my behalf. My thanks to the feline population of myspace for all of the sweet words, purrs and head-butts.

The humans made a great showing too. Thanks for the phone calls, visits, texts and emails.

Wish me luck... job interviews and photos tomorrow.

Happy Solstice!

All Content Copyright 2006, Juliana Tobón. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, darling!