05 December 2008

Perfect Pitch

“Is the tool-box real?” he asked me. He wasn’t sure if it was just part of the myth.

”Oh, it’s real, alright. C’mon, I’ll show you.” and led him down the hall to my room.
”This,” I said straining as I picked it up, ”is the Infamous toolbox!”
It landed with a heavy thud at his feet.

I’ve alluded to my tool box in past blogs and it is featured in some recent photos. For those of you not in the know, I keep my sex toys in a heavy-duty, bright red Husky Tool Box.

He opened it up and his eyes lit up…like a kid in a…well, toy store.
Admittedly, my collection grew considerably this summer while I briefly dabbled in throwing sex-toy parties.
Not all of the new additions are things I would personally use, mind you. The red 12-inch jelly double dong? Where do I start? Nasty pthalates, and terribly impractical design, for solo or partner play--- the angle is just all wrong--- but it is a good conversation piece.

“What’s this?” he asked holding up a slim rainbow colored case.

“Ah, that’s The Lifesaver. Just a small vibrator,” I said, taking it out of its case and rotating the base. “Hmm. Batteries must be dead.” I shrugged, returned it to its case, and back to the box.

He continued sorting through things, some still in their packaging.
After answering a few more questions regarding the functions of some of the items, and watching him paw at my strap-on and the cordless Rabbit, I felt it was time to pack things up and usher him back to the living room.

We’d been chatting for what seemed like quite a while. I walked to my bathroom in the back of the house and realized I had been hearing an odd and rather pervasive noise for quite some time. It sounded like there was construction going on a few blocks away. I’ve heard similar sounds in the neighborhood, but never so late.

”Do you hear that sound?” I asked, walking back into the room.

“Yeah, I can tell you it’s a D and an E, but I can’t figure out what’s making it.”

We left that little mystery unsolved and talked about perfect pitch and gossip and other things until exhaustion and illness got the better of me.
After seeing him to the door, I walked back to the office and all that time I could still hear that noise, a sort of distant hum.
It finally dawned on me that it was most audible in the hallway…more so close to my room…could it be?
I put my hand to the side of the tool box by my bed and sure enough, it was warm and purring.

I searched for the culprit, which was none other than, you guessed it, The Lifesaver.
Well, now I know the batteries work!

The next day I told my house mate about the little mystery.

“Is that what I heard? It was like 3 or 4 in the morning! I woke up and I heard this really loud buzzing sound…”


*note to self: do not use Lifesaver while room mate is in the next room---or in the house. At all.




(Just a peek!)



Photo © Kenneth Barton, 2008. All Rights Reserved.





All Content Copyright 2008, Juliana Tobón. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!!!!
    Batteries for Christmas/whatever holiday you choose to celebrate?!?!
    Missed you last night at Pi Rem.
    ~d~

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, darling!