07 November 2008

I Dig The Tarot

"Stupid cards...what do they know?"

Or so I ruefully ask myself every time I give myself a reading.
I usually do so when something has happened which raises more questions than answers.
Sometimes I use tarot cards--- Crowley's Thoth Deck is my favorite. Other times I use the Medicine Cards, or if it's a new moon or I'm just particularly in tune I need use nothing at all. I get pretty psychic if that's what you want to call it.
Today it was the Medicine Cards, since I am feeling easily duped by my own intuition.

The very first card, indicating what has just transpired, had this to say:

Beware of con artists and users.

Son of a...! *smacks forehead*

Where was this advice a month ago?!

Stupid cards...!



P.S. The first person to email me with the name of the band I am referrencing in this post (Portland connections, people!) gets...well...I'd say my undies, but I'm planning on selling those on eBay.


All Content Copyright Juliana Tobón, 2008. All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

  1. the good listeners. i think the little-boy panties are sexier than thongs. i don't know what that says about me... i don't think i want to... maybe i could get a reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Aleister Crowley Thoth deck is a beautiful one. I was actually considering switching to it.
    You can't be your own adviser all the time. You live in your own noise so it can be difficult to filter through priorities. Silly ICCG, trix are for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chibi, a reading I can definitely do.

    As to the rest...I don't feel professionally qualified to comment on your predilection for little-boy panties...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. been years since i've considered using decks. I was kinda interested in runes - but i don't think they are very effective unless you've had lots of mead or ale to get the Norse spirit forces going. I know your history with the Thoth deck - it is a nice deck - kinda makes you feel groovy and mysterious when you touch the cards - like its taboo or something - or you are on 'in' when they are in use - while other cards are 'very pretty to look at'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wierd. i neded that distraction. Do the cards say if I survive or not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh...mysterious...cryptic. I certainly don't need the cards to tell me your spelling is atrocious, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buffy the Douchebag SlayerSunday, 09 November, 2008

    My dear wife, your keyboard is as sharp as your tongue. That is what I love best about you. Also, if I "neded" a course in basic English that badly, I'd post my comments anonymously, too.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, darling!