15 July 2008

Bastille Day Bisous

PIX was bustling with revelers from the Bastille Day Celebration. My date was standing in the seemingly endless line, trying to get an order in while I waited at a table. I saw a familiar face a few tables over. Flirty Boy. He smiled when he saw me and ambled over.
He is the friend of a recent acquaintance, The Magus. When we were introduced he had lived up to his reputation as an incorrigible flirt, despite the fact that I was on a date with his friend.
And why should Bastille Day be any different?
I smiled as I greeted him.

"Hi" he smiled back "Where's (The Magus)?"

"I don't know...I'm not here with him." I replied archly.

His manner immediately changed, became more playful.

"Well, are you here with me, then?"

"I could be..." I crooned, unable to resist "but I'm actually here with somebody else. Another time...?"

"Yeah..." he said with a self-satisfied smile. " 'cause you're the most beautiful---"

"Yeah, another time..." I interrupted. My date returned with coffee and dessert in hand and I introduced him to the interloper. Flirty Boy, meet Shark-Bite (more on all of the new players later).

"Nice to see you again." Flirty Boy said as he went to rejoin his friends. I could see that he kept casting the occasional glance in my direction. I excused myself to use the ladies' room, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Flirty Boy watching me.

When I came out of the restroom, he was standing just outside it, in the little hallway.

"Oh, hey..."
Without a word, he moved toward me, hands moving over my arms. I felt the wall behind me, not quite knowing how I ended up pressed against it. He touched his cheek to mine for a moment, then kissed me full on the lips. I kissed him back with equal abandon.
Public, illicit, inappropriate displays with a near-stranger... does it get more fun and exciting? One more second and we'd be locked in a bathroom stall, I just knew it.
I pulled away as I remembered my date, patiently waiting for me.
"We should hang out sometime" I called out as I turned to walk back into the dining room. I couldn't help but grin as I thought about the look of bewilderment I saw on his face just before I turned away.
The only way for him to track me down easily will be to ask The Magus.

I was laughing mischievously by the time I returned to my table, to my date.

Vive la Revolution!

Copyright Juliana Tobón, 2008. All Rights Reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, darling!