11 July 2007

This way --->

"What are you doing to stay cool?" she asked me on the phone.
"Moving as little as possible" I replied.

The heat doesn't bother me too much really. I grew up in the tropics; 95º all year 'round, 100% humidity. No, the heat is not too bad, even on the third floor.
I had been feeling a little down though, introspective. I was thinking about the date. I could very well have been going into labor right about now, had I made different choices. Instead, I began my day with phone calls from movie directors and producers, discussing my photo work and a possible month-long stint in L.A. shooting film stills. Much less painful, I'm certain.
It was a nice little reminder from the universe that I'm on the right track. Those signs are never subtle for me. On the rare occasion that I do begin to question any decisions I have made, I am invariably presented with some token---a phone call, a job offer, some new opportunity--- something that reminds me that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.
Several seers, tarot readers and healers have all agreed on one thing regarding me. They all said I have an awareness beyond that of many people, an ability to see details and bigger picture, the interconnectedness and the causality of events I witness and experience. One of them went further, saying that though gifted with this awareness, I "didn't get the instruction manual". I have an inherent understanding of some things and no idea how to apply them. I'm learning though. Thankfully I am able to differentiate between experiences that will further me, and mere obstacles. I have learned that when I stray from where I'm supposed to be, I encounter nothing but obstacles, but when I go with my instincts, things just fall into place.
Like I said, introspective...



All Content Copyright 2007, Juliana Tobón. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, darling!