01 July 2006

A Length of String

There's a trick I've heard of to help one remember things. A string is tied around a finger and the concept is, every time one sees the string, one is reminded of whatever one is supposed to recall.
This being me (a stubborn sort who always seems to take the difficult path) the reminders come in forms that speak to the healer in me--- injuries and illness, for example.
I posted an entry about my ankle a few days ago, about how it was no longer bothering me. That is until yesterday when I spoke to my ex. I'd had no contact with him up to this point. The conversation was cordial, but did bring up...I think they're called emotions or something...I'll have to look that up.
In any case, my ankle has flared up again. With that one phone call, some part of me kicked into gear to remind me that I made the right decision.
A string around my finger would be so much easier.

All Content Copyright 2006, Juliana Tobón. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, darling!