26 June 2006

Motorcycle Mama and other musings

I feel about motorcycles almost as strongly as I do about children--- I dislike and fear them both---yet today I braved the former when I got a most troubled and troubling phone call. (Come to think of it, I've now braved both for this same person.)

This dear friend has been a constant presence in my life for several years, indeed, she has gone above and beyond the call of friend duty on more than one occasion. Today I had chance to reciprocate and it just reminded me of how truly blessed I am. It made me think of how amazing it is to love somebody unconditionally and selflessly and to feel that in return.
Of course today's gesture was not entirely selfless on my part. It did garner me the promise that, should she wed, I'll never have to wear an ugly bridesmaid's dress.

All Content Copyright 2006, Juliana Tobón. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, darling!