22 January 2006

Muñeca Triste

I feel as though I might float away and the only thing that keeps bringing me back is a pair of blue eyes brimming with concern and compassion. Part of me wishes I could ignore that plea to stay, please stay. I've been feeling this sort of numbing sadness overtaking me as the date creeps toward what would have been my father's birthday. I feel like such a hypocrite, like I should be able to shrug it off so easily. Reiki master indeed. Intellectually I know this is all of my own making and yet I can't or won't let go of it. I feel him slipping away from me. The cyst that is comprised of all of my feelings of his illness and death alternately leaves my body piece by piece and then seems to develop again as I try to cling to my memories.

All Content Copyright 2006, Juliana Tobón. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, darling!